In today’s fast-paced life, it has become difficult to hit the gym and maintain a proper fitness routine.
No matter what, it is important to take out some time from the daily routine to keep the body fit. It can either be with some home gym equipment or no equipment at all.
Using only your body weight, you can work wonders on your body. However, keep one thing in mind. Does not matter which exercise you pick, always start with a warmup.
This is essential to get your body to heat up and your muscles active for the exercises. In return, you get minimal cramps and prevent injury.
Squats help to reduce weight and build muscles. But, it is necessary to follow the instructions while doing squats, to avoid muscle pulls.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart
- Point the toes slightly outwards
- Relax your arms by your side
- Bend your knees without arching your back
- Bend forward at the hips
- Crouch till your feet keep touching the ground
- Keep your arms in a comfortable position so it offers maximum balance
- Brace yourself to take a leap
- Keep your feet parallel to the floor
Points to remember:
- Your head should be aligned with your spine
- Land softly on your feet
- Keep your core muscles stiffened
- Builds core strength
- Helps gain muscles
- Burns fat
- Strengthens bones
- Boosts blood circulation
- Tones the butt and thigh muscles
It is a popular choice for leg strengthening. Come to think of it, everyone unknowingly involves this exercise in their daily routine, when getting up from the sitting position.
Pro Tip- Use a non-slip and best sweat-proof yoga mat when performing such exercises.
Now you just have to increase the time for effective results.
- Stand in a straight posture
- Bring your right leg forward in a split position
- Keep your right foot flat on the ground and left foot on its toes
- Bend forwards till the right thigh is parallel to the ground
- Go back to the initial position
- Strengthens injured muscles
- Improves balance and stability
- Enhances flexibility of the body
- Boosts the spinal strength
- Mobilises gluteal muscles
Straight Leg Donkey Kick
This is the best at-home exercise for beginners. Posture is the most crucial part for any exercise. Donkey kick is no different.
If you feel the glutes tightening, you are doing it right.
For beginners- You can opt to bend on the foldable workout bench to activate your muscles.
- Stand on your all fours
- Keep the knees hip-width apart
- Lift either leg and push it outwards in a kicking motion
- Keep your foot pointed towards the ground
- Squeeze your butts when kicking out
- Bring your leg back to its initial position
- Strengthens the glutes
- Strengthens shoulder and core muscles
- Improves muscles symmetries
- Improves body posture
- Enhances body balance and coordination
This versatile exercise can be practised by beginners and professionals. It mostly focuses on strengthening the abdominal muscles of the body.
Superman exercise is best for someone who works 9 to 5 jobs in the office and often experiences lower back pain.
- Lie on the mat with stretched body and face looking towards the ground
- Do not strain your neck in the process
- Lift your arms, legs, neck, and upper back to go in the superman position
- Hold the position for 5 seconds but not your breath
- Go back to the initial position and relax
- Enhances spine stability
- Reduces the lower back pain
- Improves breathing and blood circulation
- Strong legs and butt
- Prevents postural deviation
At-home workout exercises are the best for people who have no time to hit the gym. All these exercises collectively strengthen the lower back, spinal cord, and enhance the core strength.Further, be sure to execute the postures correctly to avoid any injuries. If you are an intermediate or a professional, you can increase the difficulty level with at-home exercise equipment.